Monday, June 4, 2018

Artserve 2018 - Reflect Exhibition - Healing through Art - Opening Night




Here are some Photos from the Opening Night, A great turnout and with Food, Music & Awesome Artwork from almost 300 exhibiting Artist.  Artserve's Administrative Curator Colette Mellow did an amazing job curating the works for this show. I had hoped to shoot some video but my cell phone battery died so I was only able to get a few photos with some friends and many community supporters and collectors who were gracious enough to take some photos with me standing next to my Florida Pole Barn Painting, Acrylic on Canvas 16 x 20. One of a series of 10 Barn paintings and only two of the ten remained. The one selected for this show and one other. The other 8 paintings sold. Florida Pole Barn Painting did not sell that evening, But the other painting "Old Barn" sold a few days later at a different venue. So now that leaves only one of the series left. Enough said on that/


Monte standing next to "Florida Pole Barn " painting at the start of the show. Hoping to find some familiar faces and friends before the end of the night and was not disappointed. Everyone I hope would come came, and it turned out to be a wonderful evening of fun and laughter, good food and friends and collectors I knew from other shows and exhibits. I went home that night feeling very good. Happy that I got selected to participate in this show.



Monte with Dr. Tammy Tucker from Memorial Hospital, a long time supporter of my work and I was so happy to see she could make it.  She and her husband Tim Curtin have been active and supportive of all Rebel's Center Artist. And I am most grateful.



Monte with Silvia Quintana,  Executive Director of BBHC of Broward County, Her husband Juan Martin who is the Executive Director of Naemi was gracious enough to invite me to participate in two annual International exhibitions in 2015 and 2016, in Miami and also in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale. I remain pleased to consider both of them friends. They serve our community well supporting many good causes. To me, they are the salt of the earth.



Here I am with Susan Nayamora Director of the South Florida Wellness Network, a  non-profit Corporation that is active in so many positive programs in our community that truly serves the many needs of this community with all her hard work, dedication and proactive can-do positivity.  I had the pleasure to work with Susan when I served on the Board of Directors and had the privilege to see her in action along with the other Board members I worked with. It was a real learning experience and I have many fond memories of those times we shared.














Here I am with my friend, fellow artist, and show participant Desiree Kim, both of us taking pictures next our paintings. Desiree is a multi-gifted artist who also plays a North American Indian Flute. Her playing calms the soul and surrounds everyone in the many classes she teaches a sense of peace and feeling of well being. Check out her offerings, you will be glad you did. 



Here I am with my longtime friend Brad Haber, a singer-songwriter who is also the founder of the Haber Foundation for Peace - A non- profit that is attempting to make a difference to address gun violence in our schools. We recently collaborated together to promote "We Are Calling for Peace," an Anthem Song Brad wrote. Search for it on YouTube or you can directly access the video from the website: The Haber Foundation for Peace.  Brad has a lot of ideas I believe can make a difference in addressing the insanity of gun violence in our schools. I recommend Brad Haber's work without reservation. With the grassroots support of communities around the country along with the corporate sponsorship for his non-profit needs, I believe his vision can make this dream come true. So much so that I am a corporate sponsor of the Foundation. I will work with him to encourage others to join us in taking the pledge for Peace. Take a look at what the Haber Foundation for Peace is offering. A solution born from a seed of hope...can make a difference if only we take the first step in believing together we can do it. Join us in Calling for Peace,




Alphonso Ruiz my longtime friend and supporter who attends almost every show I am involved with. Always there with a smile and encouraging word. A collector and supporter of my art, a better friend you will not find. He is also employed in an Administrative capacity with BBHC (Broward Behavioral Health Coalition), and is a real asset to this organization. Thank you for being who you are Alphonso, you are loved and appreciated by many. 







Here with my friend Claudia Vicencio Clinical Supervisor with Memorial Hospital and a Ph.D. candidate who is such a down to earth upbeat personality, she will make you smile every time you see her. What I've always loved about her, is she never forgot her roots and where she came from. She is the mother of a beautiful teenage daughter and also a son.  Whenever I was painting in the activity room Claudia would always come in and check out what I was doing and encouraging everyone present with their projects. She has a heart for Art and even bigger heart for people: especially those who are lost and looking for the light at the end of a tunnel. Claudia for many is that light. Thanks for coming Claudia and for just being you,

No comments: