Sunday, December 3, 2017

Landscape : "Summer Time" - Acrylic on Canvas - 18 x 24 -Impressionism -

This painting "Summer Time" is one of my rural landscapes, the main focal point is a lone tree. I have been a tree hugger since I was a kid and they are one of my favorite subjects to paint. I use to lay under big trees like this as a child and look up at the clouds and imagine what I would be when I grew up. I still think about those lazy days of Summer where my imagination was able to run free and found great interest in simple things in my own backyard, like an ant hill or a spider weaving a web or the hummingbirds and butterflies that would do a flying dance along the hedgerows. How I long for those days again, if I could only turn back the clock, I would be there now. I hope my viewers can enjoy the simplicity of a tree on a lazy summer day. Perhaps sparking a memory or two of how things were before things got so hectic and crazy, such as the way things are now. I like the immediate gratification of painting in acrylics.Thanks for looking! Artist Note: The last image is for a 16x16 Photo Print matted and framed and priced at $215.00 if you prefer to have the painting in that format. Please contact me for more info.

No comments: