Thursday, August 16, 2018

Monte's Hill











Acrylic on Masonite Board, 16 x 20, with a self-constructed wood frame. There are many mountains we must climb on the road of adversity in this life, this painting for me represented one of those Hills I was trying to work through at the time. I was being treated for Depression. Artist Note: I finally reached the top of the Hill and by the Grace of God conquered what I thought to be impossible.  The painting is titled Monte's Hill. This is a nocturnal painting, an imagined landscape rendered in a a Contempoary Abstract Impressionistic style. I photographed it from several angles and tried to include a close-up. It is a palette knife painting with heavy impasto like texture throughout. The Hill for me is a symbolic representation of the mountain I've had to climb in my own personal recovery. Art, Writing, and Music are three of the therapeutic tools I use to help keep me balanced. Monte's Hill is available for sale. PRICE: $175.00 includes free expedited USPS Shipping anywhere in the continental United States. Note: Free local pick up and delivery available. This painting ships worldwide, international buyers please contact this artist for a price quote for shipping cost to your country location. Thanks for looking!

Artist Note: There are two versions of this painting. One with and one without the figure (me) reaching the top of the Hill.  The painting without the figure is available through Saatchi as a Framed Fine Art Print and is priced accordingly. The original painting on Canvas in the three images below ships unframed and the price reduced from the original retail gallery price of &350.00, Shipping is free and included in the $175.00 price an additional savings (value of $25.00.)  Please contact and advise which of the two paintings you prefer.  All proceeds from this sale will be donated to a worthy charitable cause I support.  Again thank you for looking and for your continued patronage. Please sign up for my newsletter and follow my art blog so you can be automatically notified of new listings.



No comments: