Monday, April 30, 2018

Island Girl - (Abstract Expressionist Portrait) - Currently on Exhibit - Broward Behavioral Health Coalition Excutive Offices

Acrylic on Canvas, 24 x 30, Island Girl was another milestone painting for me in that while I loved it and considered it one of my favorite early paintings, no one else seemed to like it. So it stayed in the corner of the room collecting dust for the longest time and one day I decided to hang it. And every time I walked by it, I'd eyeball it and knew there was something wrong but couldn't quite figure out what. Then one night it became clear as if a veil had lifted. I realized it wasn't proportionally possible for her legs to be as long as they were in relation to her body. So I cut off her legs, re-positioned her arms, constructed a wall like structure separating her from the tree like plant, added more stars to a very starry night. And was finally comfortable with this abstract, even knowing that she wasn't very pretty and also still cartoon-like. I secretly adored her... one problem, no one else thought very highly of it. I suppose some paintings are just never meant to be given up! Artist Note: The Original Painting remained part of this artist personal collection. I am now giving this abstract impressionist portrait wings to fly wherever it will. Additionally, I am offering Limited Edition ACEO prints available for $7.50 plus $3.88 Expedited Shipping USPS. Please contact this artist for more info on the Original Painting, Price: $500.00 plus $75.00 Shipping. Free Local shipping, pick up delivety and set up. Contact me for more info.


1 comment:

philosophy cat said...

I like the jewel tones. Her pose under the palm tree looks awkward. What story (narrative, theme) are you trying to convey?